Oct 30, 2020
ACC 224 - Business Taxation
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is an introduction to tax reporting requirements and taxation of the proprietorship, partnership, S Corporation, C Corporation, and limited liability company. Some form preparation is required.
Prerequisite(s): Take ACC 124 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Components of the U.S. Tax Law System
- Concept of Gross Income
- Business Deductions
- Gains and Losses
- Components of Property Transactions
- Evaluation of Corporations
- Principles of Partnerships, S-Corporations and Limited Liability Entities
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
Computer and Internet Access.
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and explain the components of tax as it relates to the U.S. Tax Law and system.
- Analyze the impact of taxes on financial statements.
- Explain the concept of Gross Income.
- Evaluate Business Deductions.
- Evaluate the components of Property Transactions.
- Identify Losses and loss limitation.
- Explain the principles and tax effects of partnerships, S-Corporations and Limited Liability entities.
- Identify the comparative forms of doing business.
- Evaluate the tax implication of corporations.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus