ACC 230 - Cost Accounting I
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a study of the accounting principles involved in job order cost systems. Topics will include the general flow of costs through a production cycle, and the preparation and use of job cost sheets. Process cost systems will be introduced.
Prerequisite(s): Take ACC 102 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Pre-determined Overhead Rate
- Absorption costing
- Variable costing
- Activity based costing
- Master budget
- Break-even analysis
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Process costing
- Equivalent Units of Production
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Online component access code (see instructor for details)
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze predetermined overhead rates, flexible budgets and absorption/variable costing.
- Compute product costs, overhead allocations, and overhead variances.
- Apply and evaluate the procedures for activity based costing.
- Develop and analyze a master budget.
- Apply the techniques involved in break-even analysis and cost-volume profit analysis.
- Prepare journal entries to account for variances.
- Compute equivalent units of production for process costing.
- Compute review problem solutions in a team based environment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus