ACC 275 - Selected Topics in Accounting
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course provides an advanced in-depth review of selected topics in accounting using case studies and individual and group problem solving.
Prerequisite(s): Take ACC 201 and ACC 230 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Completion of a manual accounting cycle
- Sarbanes Oxley
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Case studies
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate completion of the accounting cycle for a business using manual accounting processes.
- Prepare a business tax return.
- Prepare a business budget.
- Analyze a business using ratios.
- Analyze Sarbanes Oxley for internal controls.
- Compare and contrast the International Financial Reporting Standards to the U.S. reporting standards.
- Analyze case studies of specific accounting topics, including ethics.
- Solve complex accounting issues by applying analysis skills to business situations.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus