AGR 220 - Intro to Permaculture
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a study of permaculture history, ethics, principles, design process, and practical applications. Students learn to observe the environment around them and create designs that complement natural ecological systems.
Prerequisite(s): Take RDG 032 with minimum grade of C;
- Evaluation of many sustainable environmental aspects will be discussed.
- Various components and techniques for sustainable environmental design will be covered.
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Arrange sustainable environmental design components and techniques into an urban landscape.
- Identify and utilize various environmental factors that influence a sustainable landscape and garden design.
- Create a comprehensive permaculture design that shows a complete understanding of permaculture principles.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus