AHS 104 - Medical Vocabulary/Anatomy
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course introduces the fundamental principles of medical terminology and includes a survey of human anatomy and physiology.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 032 and RDG 032 .
- Organization and Tissues of the Body
- Chemistry of life
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Circulatory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Lymphatic System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Urinary System
- Reproductive System
- Integumentary System
- Nervous System
- Special Senses
- Endocrine System
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
Grades are not rounded. Students must earn a grade of C or higher to earn credit for AHS 104.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the body’s structural level of organization.
- Explain the chemistry of life.
- Describe the structural anatomy of a cell.
- Recognize the general characteristics of tissues.
- Describe the following body systems including accessory organs, functions, and disorders:
- Special senses
- Cardiovascular to include blood
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus