AHS 107 - Clinical Computations
Class: 2 Credits: 2
This course is a study of the principles and applications of computations used in the clinical setting.
Prerequisite(s): Take MAT 031 and MAT 032 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Application of chemistry to respiratory care.
- Application of microbiology to respiratory care.
- Pulmonary function testing.
- How to calculate and interpret a pulmonary function test.
- Application of physics to respiratory care.
- Using statistics in respiratory care research.
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
Students are expected to view the Panopto recordings for each unit prior to class and come to class prepared to discuss and apply the information presented.
The standard mathematical procedure of rounding will be applied to arrive at a whole number percentage in the final grade calculation.
A grade of “C” or higher is required to continue in the associate degree program.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Administer pulmonary function testing.
- Calculate and interpret a pulmonary function test.
- Explain the application of chemistry, physics, and microbiology to respiratory care.
- Evaluate statistics used in respiratory care research.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus