Oct 30, 2020
AHS 113 - Head and Neck Anatomy
Lab: 3 Credits: 1
This course provides a detailed study of the structure of the head and neck with special emphasis on structure as it pertains to the study of dental science.
Prerequisite(s): Take DAT 110 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Landmarks of the head and neck
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System
- Circulatory System
- Salivary Glands
- Dental Embryology and Histology
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of B or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use appropriate terminology to effectively communicate information related to anatomy of the head and neck.
- Identify anatomic landmarks of the head, face, neck and oral cavity.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the oral structures including skeletal, muscular, lymphatic, circulatory, and nervous systems.
- Identify all extra-oral and intra-oral structures and landmarks that are visible or palpable on a student partner including muscles, lymph nodes, bones, nerves and mucosal landmarks.
- Locate all oral structures, discussing their clinical significance.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus