Oct 25, 2020
AMT 110 - Survey of Manufacturing Processes
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course includes the processes, alternatives and operations used in a broad range of manufacturing environments.
- Characteristics of metallic materials
- Processes used to form metallic materials
- Characteristics of plastic materials
- Processes used to form plastic materials
- Characteristics of wood materials
- Processes used to form wood materials
- Characteristics of ceramic materials
- Processes used to form ceramic materials
- Characteristics of composite materials
- Processes used to form composite materials
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Course Materials as provided in the AMT Team Site under Academics\Academic Programs\AMT in the SCC Portal
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Contrast various types of manufacturing processes in a manufacturing plant.
- Distinguish the characteristics of each of the materials used in the manufacture of goods.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the history of manufacturing.
- Distinguish various materials based on their elemental construction.
- Complete a glossary of terms for the subject matter covered in this course.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus