Oct 21, 2020
AMT 205 - Robotics and Automated Control II
Class: 1 Lab: 6 Credits: 3
This course covers installation, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of automated systems.
Prerequisite(s): Take AMT 105 .
- End Effectors
- Interfacing and vision systems
- Maintaining robot systems
- Robots in modern manufacturing
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Safety glasses are required when working in the lab environment.
No open-toed or open-heeled shoes are to be worn in the lab.
Students should obey all posted safety rules.
- 5 x 8 index cards (Approximately 25)
- 2 Binder Rings
- USB storage device that can be temporarily dedicated for use in this class
- Course Materials as provided in the AMT Team Site under Academics\Academic Programs\AMT in the SCC Portal.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Classify the types of sensors used in automation.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of robotic end effectors and tooling.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of interfacing and vision systems.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of robotic systems maintenance.
- Identify the future potential for robotics in industry.
- Complete a glossary of terms encompassing the subject matter described in these course objectives.
- Write advanced interfacing programs for robots.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus