AOT 105 - Keyboarding
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course focuses on the mastery of touch keyboarding.
- The importance of learning keyboarding
- Proper keyboarding techniques
- Accuracy versus Speed
- Business documents
- Grammar and spelling
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Computer with Internet access.
View computer requirements for the online portion of the course at www.sccsc.edu/OnlineSyllabiPolicies/.
- Word processing software (must be able to save Word format)
- Anti-virus software
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Operate basic parts of the computer.
- Recognize and implement the use of the alphabetic keys on the qwerty keyboard.
- Use keyboarding skills in operating the punctuation and symbol keys by touch.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using the numeric keypad on the qwerty keyboard.
- Type a minimum of 30 words or better with 2 or less errors in text.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus