Oct 25, 2020
AOT 133 - Professional Development
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes development of personal and professional skills required of an office worker in areas such as projecting a professional image, job seeking skills, office etiquette, ethics, and time and stress management.
Prerequisite(s): Take RDG 100 and ENG 032 with a minimum grade of C.
- Working in teams
- Leadership/management styles
- Interpersonal skills
- Resumes, cover letters, and job interviewing
- Communication skills
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
An overall grade of C or higher is required in this class to be applied toward any Administrative Office Technology degree or certificate.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and demonstrate workplace behaviors.
- Apply positive interpersonal skills.
- Create an effective resume and cover letter.
- Identify and illustrate job interviewing skills.
- Prepare and deliver a minimum of 2 oral presentation.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus