AOT 144 - Legal Office Procedures
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the application of office procedures necessary to perform effectively and efficiently in the legal office environment.
Prerequisite(s): Take AOT 105 , AOT 141 and CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Business correspondence
- Legal documents
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
An overall grade of C or higher is required in this class to be applied toward the Administrative Office Technology degree.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for a legal office environment.
- Identify ethical courses of action for legal professionals.
- Demonstrate effective procedures for handling telephone duties in a legal office.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle receptionist duties in a legal office.
- Complete a 20-hour work practicum in a legal office environment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus