AOT 252 - Medical Systems and Procedures
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes development of proficiency in integrating skills commonly performed in medical offices.
Prerequisite(s): Take AHS 102 , AOT 164 , HIM 105 , HIM 130 , and HIM 216 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Office equipment usage
- Gaining experience in administrative medical responsibilities
- The role of professionalism and image
- Office procedural standards
- Communications in all manners
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Perform medical office duties as presented in a simulation.
- Develop and implement medical office procedural standards.
- Demonstrate professional manner and image.
- Adapt communications to individual’s ability to understand.
- Perform an internship in a medical office.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus