AOT 253 - Legal Systems & Procedures
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes development of proficiency in integrating knowledge and skills performed in legal offices.
Prerequisite(s): Take AOT 144 , AOT 213 with a minimum grade of “C”.
Corequisite(s): Take AOT 133
- Business correspondence
- Legal documents
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
An overall grade of C or higher is required in this class to be applied toward the Administrative Office Technology degree.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Compose and format business letters and memos.
- Determine which software tool will solve a given problem.
- Demonstrate professional attire and image.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- Adapt and format legal documents.
- Create and maintain an office calendar.
- Complete a 40-hour internship in an approved legal office environment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus