Oct 25, 2020
AOT 254 - Office Simulation
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course integrates a wide variety of skills and knowledge through practical work experiences in a simulated office environment.Teamwork as well as the use of technical and communication skills will be emphasized.
Prerequisite(s): Take AOT 260 , AOT 261 and AOT 142 with a minimum grade of “C”.
Corequisite(s): Take AOT 133 and AOT 263 .
- Checklist of proficiency in business tools and equipment
- The role of professionalism and image in career growth
- Office procedural standards
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Administrative office environments
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Computer with Internet access.
View computer requirements for the online portion of the course
- Word processing software (must be able to save Word format), and anti-virus software.
- One (1) USB jump drive or SkyDrive account
- D2L login and proficiency
- This course utilizes Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook software applications. Access to Microsoft Office 2010 or higher software applications for successful completion of coursework is required.
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate proficiency in using software applications in multiple office projects.
- Recognize and implement administrative office procedural standards
- Project professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Work effectively in team project assignments
- Create properly formatted written communications
- Complete a 40-hour internship in an approved administrative office.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus