AOT 261 - Office Spreadsheet Applications
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes the concepts of spreadsheets for information management in an office environment.
Prerequisite(s): Take CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Workbooks versus Worksheets
- Excel spreadsheet functions
- Building formulas
- Sorting and searching worksheets for specific data
- The use of Charts and Graphs in representing data
- Developing professional worksheets
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Microsoft Excel 2013
- Skills Assessment Manager Office 2013 (SAM 2013) _ Assessment, Projects, and Training
- One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
A grade of C is required for all course work.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Create, edit, and format spreadsheets.
- Develop tables and add graphics to a worksheet.
- Manage workbooks and prepare them for the Web.
- Create and Modify Formulas.
- Sort fields and create lists of specific data.
- Perform formula auditing and validation data.
- Demonstrate complex problem solving.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus