Oct 25, 2020
ART 112 - Basic Drawing II
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers a study of the materials and basic techniques of drawing, continuing from the foundation laid in ART-111.
Prerequisite(s): Take ART 111 with a minimum grade of C.
- Introduction to Color Media
- Introduction to Mixed Media Practices
- Choosing the Appropriate Form for the Content
- Thematic Development
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
Art Kit for ART 112
- drawing supplies compiled by professor
- permanent marker
- paper towels or old loose rags
- any additional items suggested by instructor
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify, use, and explain the vocabulary and concepts associated with drawing.
- Create representational drawings that demonstrate a working knowledge of the elements of art, principles of design, and chromatic media.
- Develop problem solving-skills relative to the organization of space on the two-dimensional picture plane.
- Establish standards of craftsmanship and presentation.
- Develop written and oral communication skills through formal analysis, critique and self-assessment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus