AUT 111 - Brakes
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a study of the fundamentals of hydraulics and brake components in their application to automotive brake systems.
Corequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Hydraulic Systems
- Brake Bleeding Methods and Procedures
- Drum Brakes
- Disc Brakes
- ABS Systems
- Electronic Stability Control Systems
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Dissect information on brake system problems and repair procedures.
- Explain standard hydraulic brake system operation and function.
- Show the ability to perform basic diagnosis, adjustments, and repair of standard hydraulic brake systems.
- Illustrate the operation of light truck rear anti-lock brake systems.
- Perform basic diagnosis on light truck rear anti-lock brake systems.
- Describe the operation of four (4) wheel anti-lock brake system.
- Perform four (4) wheel anti-lock brake system diagnosis and repair.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus