AUT 115 - Manual Drive Train/Axle
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a basic study of clutches, gearing, and manual transmission operation, including the basic study of rear axles and rear axle set up.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Manual Transmission Operation and Repair
- Manual Transaxle Operation and Repair
- Differential Operation, Set up, and Repair
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and correct clutch components.
- Identify and correct manual transmission/transaxle concerns.
- Perform drive/half shaft and universal joint service.
- Interpret rear axle gear patterns.
- Perform four-wheel drive service and adjustments.
- Describe the relationship between speed and torque related to gear ratios.
- Illustrate the power flow through a typical manual transmission.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus