Oct 21, 2020
AUT 142 - Heating and Air Conditioning
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the purpose, construction, operation, diagnosis, and repair of automotive ventilation, heating, and air conditioning systems.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- HVAC Components and Operation
- Automatic Air Conditioning Systems
- HVAC Principles of Operation
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Point out the major systems, and list the components, associated with those systems.
- Subdivide the four (4) principles of Climate Control.
- Properly connect test equipment and evaluate the readings.
- Demonstrate the proper diagnosis of air distribution systems.
- Demonstrate the proper diagnosis of air refrigeration systems.
- Demonstrate proper equipment usage to discharge, recycle, and recharge of refrigerant.
- Solve (diagnose) electronically controlled refrigeration system concerns.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus