Oct 25, 2020
AUT 145 - Engine Performance
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the diagnosis of various performance problems using the appropriate diagnostic equipment and diagnostic manuals. Logical thinking is also included in the course.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Scan Tool Operation
- On Board Diagnostics II
- Emissions Related Sensors and Operation
- Emissions Related Output Devices and Operation
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Discover the major systems related to engine performance.
- Summarize the major systems associated with engine performance.
- Facilitate test equipment selection, setup, and test procedures for engine performance testing.
- Retrieve data from test equipment and diagnose faults.
- Relate how different types of inputs affect engine operation.
- Relate how different types of outputs affect engine operation.
- Defend the need for emission control systems.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus