Oct 25, 2020
AUT 156 - Automotive Diagnosis and Repair
Class: 2 Lab: 6 Credits: 4
This is a basic course for general diagnostic procedures and minor repairs.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 .
- Maintenance Procedures
- Light Repair Procedures
- Brake Repairs
- Steering and Suspension Repairs
- Tire and Wheel Balancing
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to use service literature to assist in testing and diagnosis.
- Explain power brake operation.
- Summarize anti-lock brake systems.
- Perform brake system diagnosis and repairs.
- Illustrate how to properly diagnose wheel alignment concerns.
- Demonstrate the proper wheel alignment procedure.
- Complete CV joint, bearing and seal service.
- Employ the correct wheel and tire service and repair techniques.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus