Oct 25, 2020
AUT 160 - Introduction to Automotive Technology
Class: 1 Credits: 1
This course is an introduction to the automotive field, including an introduction to the different automotive fields available such as automotive technician, shop foreman, service manager, shop owner, etc.
Corequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Careers in the Automotive Service Industry
- Hand Tools
- Vehicle Lifting and Hoisting
- Measuring System and Tools
- Working as a Professional Technician
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate safe work habits.
- Determine proper application of automotive fasteners, seals, and gaskets.
- Identify automotive service occupations, terminology, components, and systems.
- Demonstrate appropriate shop manual and service publication.
- Employ basic maintenance, vehicle pre-delivery, and service techniques.
- Demonstrate appropriate tool selection and usage.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus