Oct 25, 2020
AUT 221 - Suspension & Steering Diagnosis
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the diagnosis and repair of front and rear suspension, using suspension diagnostic charts, shop manuals, and alignment equipment.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Tires and Wheels
- TPMS Systems
- Front Suspension Service
- Rear Suspension Service
- Wheel Alignments
- Power Assisted Steering Systems
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Diagnose and repair suspension concerns.
- Diagnose and repair manual/power steering concerns.
- Perform wheel alignment procedures.
- Interpret alignment angles given while using alignment equipment.
- Diagnose and repair electronic steering systems.
- Diagnose and repair electronic suspension system.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus