Oct 25, 2020
AUT 231 - Automotive Electronics
Class: 4 Credits: 4
This course includes the study of solid state devices, microprocessors, and complete diagnostics using the latest available equipment.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Networking and Multiplexing
- Electronic Diagnosis
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Recognize the major systems, and list their components, associated with solid state control.
- Illustrate schematic of the sensing devices used in solid state control devices.
- Perform voltage, current, and resistance calculations on solid state devices.
- Perform test equipment setup, hookup, and test procedures for measuring solid state components.
- Diagnose and repair faulty components using the symptom to system, system to component, component to cause diagnostic procedures.
- Identify the microprocessor control components and their function.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus