Oct 29, 2020
AUT 232 - Automotive Accessories
Class: 2 Credits: 2
This course is a study of devices and systems considered accessories by the automotive industry. Study includes windshield wiper systems, power door locks, windows and seats, radios, and clocks.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 .
- Accessory Circuits
- Air Bags and Pretensioners
- Driver Information and Navigation Systems
- Lighting and Signaling Circuits
- Systems listed in course description
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Diagnose supplemental restraint system (SRS) concerns.
- Diagnose and repair dash instrument concerns.
- Diagnose and repair concerns in various automotive accessories circuits.
- Diagnose and repair audio system concerns.
- Solve power window circuit malfunctions.
- Repair electronically controlled windshield wiper systems.
- Distinguish the operating characteristics of adaptive cruise control and how to diagnose and repair those systems.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus