Oct 25, 2020
AUT 251 - Automatic Transmission Overhaul
Class: 4 Lab: 3 Credits: 5
This course is an advanced study of transmission overhaul procedures, including proper overhaul procedures used to repair overdrive transmissions and transaxles.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Principles
- Hydraulic Components and Controls
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Diagnosis
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Electronic Controls
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Unit Repair
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and correct Hydraulic and Mechanical Automatic Transmission concerns.
- Perform Automatic Transmission Disassembly-Overhaul-Reassembly procedures.
- Diagnose and repair Electronic Automatic Transmission concerns.
- Explain how a torque converter can transmit and multiply engine torque.
- Differentiate between the different types of planetary gearsets.
- Illustrate power flow through a typical automatic transmission.
- Distinguish the differences between holding and driving devices in a typical automatic transmission.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus