Oct 26, 2020
ENG 032 - Developmental English
Class: 3 Credits: 3
Developmental English is an intensive review of grammar and usage; mechanics of punctuation, spelling, and capitalization; sentence structure; and the writing process. Evidence of planning, organizing, drafting, editing, and revising are emphasized in this course along with a study of different modes of writing for a variety of rhetorical situations.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 031 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Sentence variety
- Correct sentence structure
- Paragraph writing in various modes
- Paragraph revising and editing
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- College-level dictionary (included)
- Notebook paper
- Pens and pencils
- Small stapler
- Disk for writing assignments
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
F 0 - 69
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use the writing process when composing a short composition appropriate for academic setting.
- Write a composition with a clear main idea and supporting details.
- Integrate unity and coherence in a composition.
- Create sentence variety by combining simple sentences.
- Assemble a portfolio of previously written paragraphs applying editing skills.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus