Oct 26, 2020
MAT 110 - College Algebra
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course includes the following topics: polynomial, rational, logarithmic, and exponential functions; inequalities; systems of equations and inequalities; matrices; determinants; and solutions of higher degree polynomials.
Prerequisite(s): Take MAT 102 or MAT 153 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Graphs and Functions
- Polynomial and Rational Functions
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities
- Matrices and Determinants
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- Texas Instruments TI-83 or TI-84 graphing calculator.
Any other device must be approved by the instructor of the course.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze nonlinear functions by graphing and using transformations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complex number system by performing basic operations to simplify complex number expressions.
- Solve polynomial and rational functions by applying appropriate methods; or solve polynomial and rational inequalities by graphing.
- Evaluate exponential or logarithmic functions by applying specific properties.
- Solve systems of equations by employing graphing, applying algebraic methods, or using matrices.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus