Oct 26, 2020
RWR 100 - Integrated Transitional Reading and English (Non-Degree Credit)
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a study of basic writing and different modes of composition and may include a review of usage. It also covers the application of basic reading skills to improve critical comprehension and higher order thinking skills. Note: Students who complete this course should not enroll in ENG 100 or RDG 100 .
Prerequisite(s): Take RDG 032 and ENG 032 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Summary of Texts
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Composition writing
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site www.sccsc.edu/bookstore
- 3-ring notebook
- Notebook dividers
- College-level dictionary
- Pens and pencils
- Access to a computer capable of formatting documents in Word or RTF
- Internet access
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Summarize a text to include annotating and outlining.
- Evaluate the relevance, quantity, and quality of ideas and information in establishing a claim.
- Compose a variety of compositions to include a functional thesis statement/topic sentence, adequate and specific support, coherence, academic style, and mechanical proficiency.
- Incorporate relevant ideas and words of other writers through paraphrase and quotations.
- Revise a text and a self-generated composition for direction, support, coherence, and mechanical proficiency.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus