Sep 30, 2020
ACC 101 - Accounting Principles I
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course introduces basic accounting procedures for analyzing, recording, and summarizing financial transactions, adjusting and closing the financial records at the end of the accounting cycle, and preparing financial statements. Emphasis is also placed on accounting for current and long-term assets, current and long-term liabilities, statement of cash flow and financial statement analysis.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 032 , MAT 032 , RDG 032 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- T-accounts and journal entries
- Financial Statements
- Adjusting Entries
- Closing entries
- Special Journals
- Bad Debt Expense
- Petty cash and Bank Reconciliation
- Internal Control
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Computer and Internet Access
- Publisher’s Access Code is required for online component
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply basic double-entry accounting procedures.
- Construct Financial Statements.
- Identify and perform accounting practices for short-term liquid assets.
- Apply basic principles of accounting internal control over cash.
- Apply adjusting and closing procedures to complete the accounting cycle.
- Evaluate and perform the accounting concepts associated with inventories and a merchandising business.
- Apply accounting procedures to the acquisition and depreciation of property, plant and equipment.
- Identify and perform accounting practices for current liabilities and payroll activities.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus