Sep 30, 2020
ACC 102 - Accounting Principles II
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes managerial accounting theory and practice in basic accounting and procedures for cost accounting, budgeting, cost-volume analysis, and financial statement analysis. Additional financial topics covered will include capital investment analysis, performance management and evaluation, decision analysis, and target costing.
Prerequisite(s): Take ACC 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Common and Preferred Stock
- Bonds and Amortization
- Statement Of Cash Flow
- Cost Of Goods Manufactured Schedule
- Cost Of Productions Report
- Predetermined Overhead Rates
- Job Order Cost Sheet
- Cost Volume Profit Analysis
- Variance Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Computer and Internet Access
- Publisher’s Access Code is required for online component
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate accounting concepts for partnerships and common and preferred stock.
- Demonstrate and identify the accounting procedures associated with bonds and investments.
- Calculate and analyze financial statements.
- Prepare a cost of goods manufactured schedule, cost of production report and a job order cost sheet.
- Prepare and analyze the statement of cash flows.
- Identify and perform basic procedures associated with budgeting.
- Calculate variances for direct materials, direct labor and overhead.
- Apply cost volume profit analysis techniques.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus