Jan 17, 2021
ACC 246 - Integrated Accounting Software
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course includes the use of pre-designed integrated accounting software for accounting problems.
Prerequisite(s): Take ACC 101 or ACC 111 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Back-up files
- Restore back-up files
- Financial statements
- Journal entries
- Create new company
- Chart of accounts
- Cash and accrual business activities
- Reporting business activities
- Adjusting and closing entries
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Student textbook with software CD required
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Complete lists, tasks, analysis and reports of an integrated accounting system.
- Prepare financial reports using accounting software.
- Create supporting reports for business decisions.
- Complete the procedure for setting up a new company.
- Complete the procedure for cash-oriented and accrual business activities.
- Complete the procedure for adjusting entries and bank reconciliations.
- Complete the budgeting process.
- Export reports to Excel, Word or PDF files.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus