Sep 30, 2020
AET 111 - Architectural Computer Graphics I
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course includes architectural/construction, basic computer-aided design commands, and creation of construction industry symbols and standards.
Corequisite(s): Take EGT 151
- Career opportunities in Architectural Technology.
- Responsibilities of design professionals in the architectural field.
- The principles of orthographic projection.
- Proportional freehand sketching.
- Computer aided architectural drafting.
- Simple site plan from field notes.
- Residential floor plan using CADD software.
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Portable electronic Storage Medium (USB drive),
- Helpful, but not required: Sketching Paper, Sketching Pencils, Graph paper, Vinyl Eraser,
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the responsibility of the various design professionals and support staff in the Architectural field.
- Create and utilize a computer aided architectural drafting Environment.
- Compose a residential floor plan using CADD software.
- Dimension a residential floor plan.
- Draft an elevation.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus