Sep 30, 2020
AET 221 - Architectural Computer Graphics II
Class: 4 Credits: 4
This course includes a study of CAD commands with architectural applications and routines. A complete set of working drawings of a residential or commercial building using the computer as the drafting tool is produced.
- Room sizes and relationships.
- Sketching a residential home
- Floor plan symbols.
- Drafting and dimensioning a floor plan.
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Portable electronic Storage Medium (USB drive)
- Helpful, but not required Sketching Paper, Sketching Pencils, Graph paper, Vinyl Eraser
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Establish room sizes and relationships in a residential floor plan.
- Create a residential floor plan showing the dimensions.
- Produce exterior elevations of a residential home.
- Print a multi-view drawing using layout space.
- Create a roof plan and elevation.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus