Sep 30, 2020
AGR 220 - Intro to Permaculture
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a study of permaculture history, ethics, principles, design process, and practical applications. Students learn to observe the environment around them and create designs that complement natural ecological systems.
Prerequisite(s): Take RDG 032 with minimum grade of C;
- Evaluation of many sustainable environmental aspects will be discussed.
- Various components and techniques for sustainable environmental design will be covered.
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Arrange sustainable environmental design components and techniques into an urban landscape.
- Identify and utilize various environmental factors that influence a sustainable landscape and garden design.
- Create a comprehensive permaculture design that shows a complete understanding of permaculture principles.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus