Jan 17, 2021
AHS 104 - Medical Vocabulary/Anatomy
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course introduces the fundamental principles of medical terminology and includes a survey of human anatomy and physiology.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 032 and RDG 032 .
- Organization and Tissues of the Body
- Chemistry of life
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Circulatory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Lymphatic System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Urinary System
- Reproductive System
- Integumentary System
- Nervous System
- Special Senses
- Endocrine System
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
Grades are not rounded. Students must earn a grade of C or higher to earn credit for AHS 104.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the body’s structural level of organization.
- Explain the chemistry of life.
- Describe the structural anatomy of a cell.
- Recognize the general characteristics of tissues.
- Describe the following body systems including accessory organs, functions, and disorders:
- Special senses
- Cardiovascular to include blood
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus