Jan 18, 2021
AMT 220 - Concepts of Lean Manufacturing
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course provides an understanding of the concepts used in improving the competitiveness of manufacturing and service companies. This course includes JIT, VACR, and TQM.
- Product design and CAD/CAM in the production system
- Process planning and concurrent engineering
- Production planning and control systems
- Just-in-time and lean production
- Quality programs for manufacturing
- Inspection principles and practices
- Inspection Technologies
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Text Book
- Common Classroom Materials
- Microsoft Office
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Consider how a customer defines value in a product or service purchased from a supplier.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the methods of developing and mapping a value stream.
- Explain the three primary principles of Lean Mfg.
- Explain the principles and motivations of “Just In Time” manufacturing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Financial Metrics used to measure corporate performance.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the Closed Loop Model of Control Systems by drawing a model and explaining the function of all the components.
- Distinguish between the different tools used in Statistical Process Control.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus