AOT 105 - Keyboarding
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course focuses on the mastery of touch keyboarding.
- The importance of learning keyboarding
- Proper keyboarding techniques
- Accuracy versus Speed
- Business documents
- Grammar and spelling
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- Computer with Internet access.
View computer requirements for the online portion of the course at www.sccsc.edu/OnlineSyllabiPolicies/.
- Word processing software (must be able to save Word format)
- Anti-virus software
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Operate basic parts of the computer.
- Recognize and implement the use of the alphabetic keys on the qwerty keyboard.
- Use keyboarding skills in operating the punctuation and symbol keys by touch.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using the numeric keypad on the qwerty keyboard.
- Type a minimum of 30 words or better with 2 or less errors in text.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus