Sep 30, 2020
AOT 133 - Professional Development
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes development of personal and professional skills required of an office worker in areas such as projecting a professional image, job seeking skills, office etiquette, ethics, and time and stress management.
Prerequisite(s): Take RDG 100 and ENG 032 with a minimum grade of C.
- Working in teams
- Leadership/management styles
- Interpersonal skills
- Resumes, cover letters, and job interviewing
- Communication skills
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
An overall grade of C or higher is required in this class to be applied toward any Administrative Office Technology degree or certificate.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and demonstrate workplace behaviors.
- Apply positive interpersonal skills.
- Create an effective resume and cover letter.
- Identify and illustrate job interviewing skills.
- Prepare and deliver a minimum of 2 oral presentation.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus