Sep 30, 2020
AOT 142 - Advanced Office Procedures II
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the application of office procedures necessary to perform effectively and efficiently in the office environment.
Prerequisite(s): Take AOT 105 , AOT 141 , and CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Business correspondence
- Advanced customer service telephone techniques
- 10-key proficiency
- Business trips
- Business meetings
- Workplace ethics
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Compose business correspondence, including letters and memos.
- Proofread business correspondence.
- Plan an international business trip.
- Identify components of effective meeting planning.
- Perform 10-key operations.
- Role-play customer service scenarios.
- Implement appropriate ethical workplace choices.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus