AOT 144 - Legal Office Procedures
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the application of office procedures necessary to perform effectively and efficiently in the legal office environment.
Prerequisite(s): Take AOT 105 , AOT 141 and CPT 101 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Business correspondence
- Legal documents
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
An overall grade of C or higher is required in this class to be applied toward the Administrative Office Technology degree.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for a legal office environment.
- Identify ethical courses of action for legal professionals.
- Demonstrate effective procedures for handling telephone duties in a legal office.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle receptionist duties in a legal office.
- Complete a 20-hour work practicum in a legal office environment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus