AOT 164 - Medical Information Processing
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes development of proficiency in producing medical documents typical of those used in health care settings.
Prerequisite(s): Take AHS 102 , AOT 141 and AOT 105 with a minimum grade of “C”.
Corequisite(s): Take HIM 105 and HIM 130 .
- Gaining experience in using medical software
- Patient registration
- Processing insurance claims
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
An overall grade of C or higher is required in this class to be applied toward any Administrative Office Technology degree or certificate.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use medical practice software to manage patient care.
- Schedule patients’ appointments.
- Register patients.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus