Sep 30, 2020
AOT 252 - Medical Systems and Procedures
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes development of proficiency in integrating skills commonly performed in medical offices.
Prerequisite(s): Take AHS 102 , AOT 164 , HIM 105 , HIM 130 , and HIM 216 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Office equipment usage
- Gaining experience in administrative medical responsibilities
- The role of professionalism and image
- Office procedural standards
- Communications in all manners
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Perform medical office duties as presented in a simulation.
- Develop and implement medical office procedural standards.
- Demonstrate professional manner and image.
- Adapt communications to individual’s ability to understand.
- Perform an internship in a medical office.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus