AOT 253 - Legal Systems & Procedures
Class: 3 Credits: 3
This course emphasizes development of proficiency in integrating knowledge and skills performed in legal offices.
Prerequisite(s): Take AOT 144 , AOT 213 with a minimum grade of “C”.
Corequisite(s): Take AOT 133
- Business correspondence
- Legal documents
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
- One USB/jump disk or sky drive onto which all typed assignments will be saved
An overall grade of C or higher is required in this class to be applied toward the Administrative Office Technology degree.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Compose and format business letters and memos.
- Determine which software tool will solve a given problem.
- Demonstrate professional attire and image.
- Demonstrate professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- Adapt and format legal documents.
- Create and maintain an office calendar.
- Complete a 40-hour internship in an approved legal office environment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus