Sep 30, 2020
ART 111 - Basic Drawing I
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course provides an introduction to the materials and the basic techniques of drawing.
Prerequisite(s): Take ENG 032 , MAT 032 , and RDG 100 with a minimum grade of “C”.
- Introduction to Dry and Wet Achromatic Media
- Composition/Pictorial space
- Sighting and Perspective
- Line Quality and Contour
- Shape and Planar Analysis
- Value/Tone (Additive and Subtractive)
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
Art 111 Kit
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 - 59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify, use, and explain the basic vocabulary and concepts associated with drawing.
- Create representational drawings that demonstrate a working knowledge of the elements of art, principles of design, and achromatic media.
- Establish standards of craftsmanship and presentation.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills through formal analysis, critique, and self-assessment.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus