AUT 100 - Introduction to Automotive Hazardous Materials
Lab: 3 Credits: 1
This course is a basic study of the proper handling of hazardous materials found in automotive service centers. Topics include types of hazardous materials, handling of the materials, and their proper disposal.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Shop Safety
- Environmental and Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Materials Disposal
- EPA Regulations
- OSHA Regulations
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify automotive service related environmental issues.
- Differentiate automotive service environmental compliance issues into appropriate state and federal regulations.
- Identify automotive service related health and safety issues.
- Relate automotive service health and safety issues to regulations.
- Compose an environmental self-inspection survey of an automotive facility.
- Identify the required marks & labels required for automotive hazardous materials and after-market auto care products & chemicals.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus