Sep 30, 2020
AUT 107 - Advanced Engine Repair
Class: 3 Lab: 3 Credits: 4
This course includes an advanced application of engine fundamentals, including engine removal, internal diagnostic and repair procedures, engine assembly and installation procedures.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Cooling System Operation and Diagnosis
- Lubrication System and Diagnosis
- Gaskets and Sealants
- Camshafts, Valvetrain, and Engine Timing Components
- Engine Cleaning and Component Inspection
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Examine the four stroke cycle of an internal combustion engine.
- Identify the components of an internal combustion engine.
- Demonstrate the proper procedure for internal combustion engine removal and installation.
- Classify the function of the major systems of an internal combustion engine.
- Identify the different types of engine coolants.
- Show the ability to diagnose base engine concerns.
- Describe the importance of and how the engine lubricating system works.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus