Sep 30, 2020
AUT 115 - Manual Drive Train/Axle
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course is a basic study of clutches, gearing, and manual transmission operation, including the basic study of rear axles and rear axle set up.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- Manual Transmission Operation and Repair
- Manual Transaxle Operation and Repair
- Differential Operation, Set up, and Repair
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and correct clutch components.
- Identify and correct manual transmission/transaxle concerns.
- Perform drive/half shaft and universal joint service.
- Interpret rear axle gear patterns.
- Perform four-wheel drive service and adjustments.
- Describe the relationship between speed and torque related to gear ratios.
- Illustrate the power flow through a typical manual transmission.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus