Sep 30, 2020
AUT 142 - Heating and Air Conditioning
Class: 2 Lab: 3 Credits: 3
This course covers the purpose, construction, operation, diagnosis, and repair of automotive ventilation, heating, and air conditioning systems.
Prerequisite(s): Take AUT 132 or AUT 130 .
- HVAC Components and Operation
- Automatic Air Conditioning Systems
- HVAC Principles of Operation
Textbook information can be found on the Book Inn Web site
An overall grade of C or higher is required for transferability.
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F 0 -59
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Point out the major systems, and list the components, associated with those systems.
- Subdivide the four (4) principles of Climate Control.
- Properly connect test equipment and evaluate the readings.
- Demonstrate the proper diagnosis of air distribution systems.
- Demonstrate the proper diagnosis of air refrigeration systems.
- Demonstrate proper equipment usage to discharge, recycle, and recharge of refrigerant.
- Solve (diagnose) electronically controlled refrigeration system concerns.
For SCC Online Courses:
If the course you are taking is online, please review the SCC Online Policies that include:
- Required materials for all online courses
- Mandatory Attendance Requirement
- Proctored Exams
Face Covering Requirements:
All faculty, staff and students must wear a face mask/covering at all times (absent a medical condition) on all SCC campuses when safe social distancing measures are not possible or difficult to follow. For further details, refer to the Student Guidelines for Face Coverings and Social Distancing on the SCC Coronavirus COVID-19 Information page.
Standard SCC Course Policies:
Please review the Standard SCC Course Polices on the following topics:
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Misconduct
- Add/Drop period
- Appeals Process
- Class Attendance
- Classroom Behavior (traditional and online)
- Classroom Conduct/Expectations
- Lab Procedures (general SCC policy regarding this)
- Online Confidentiality
- Services For Students with Disabilities
- Withdrawal Policy
Official Course Syllabus